1. Technical skills (knowledge of how to use technology in solutions for existing systems).
2. Management skills (knowledge of how IT can be applied to company problems to find a successful solution)
3. Analytical skills (capable of solving complex problems).
4. Interpersonal competencies (oral and written communication skills for professional as well as non-technical audiences).
5. Management skills (capacity for handling others and coping with an unpredictable environment).
6. Ethical competencies (capacity to act frankly and ethically with others).